"es porque somos GRINGAS!"
Hola! I guess its another pday haha, actually crazy, these weeks have been flying! This week was kinda rough but we found some really promising people that I am super super excited about!
First off we have Yarelis and her partner Luis! They aren't married yet, but have two super super cute kids, and they are in a super hard financial situation right now and just really struggling. The first time we met them it was just Yarelis home and we sat and talked for a little bit, shared a scripture and left not thinking much of it. Then we decided to go back and this time her husband was home too! She told us that after our last visit she just felt so much peace and was waiting for us to come back! We talked a lot a lot and really got to know them and they said that they dont want to be the panamanians that only go to church on special occasions but that they want to teach their kids what their parents didnt teach them. It was so tender and a super spiritual lesson with them. We invited them to church and then when we went over on saturday to confirm, again it was just Yarelis home and she said they were all set! I told her that we were super super excited for te to come and she said "honestly not more than I am"
they need the gospel so bad and I know its going to change their lives! She came to church with her kids and honestly it wasn't the best church meetings I've ever been to, but hopefully she could feel the spirit super strong
they need the gospel so bad and I know its going to change their lives! She came to church with her kids and honestly it wasn't the best church meetings I've ever been to, but hopefully she could feel the spirit super strong
Anyway also this week we had zone conference! A member of the presidency of the 70 came so we went into the city with over half of the mission! We got to talk with everyone and it was super super fun! Got to see all of my favorite people but got to talk to hna Lindstrom (my mtc comp) again and holy i miss that girl! (Praying we get put in the same zone next week at transfers)! One thing I loved from zone conference was that he talked about inviting and helping people through every part of the doctrine of Christ. Inviting and helping people to have faith, later inviting and helping them to repent, and later to be baptized. This was a super good reminder to me about the importance to not rush people into baptism but to help them along every step! It was a super spirit filled conference and and I loved it!
Highlights!
found two ticks on us this week so nightly tick checks have become a thing
found out the beach we went to last pday is where they dump all the poop! Makes sense as to why we were the only people there!
immediately soaked our feet in alcohol after finding that out, might have an idea as to why our scratches were itching so bad post beach trip
had a debate at zone conf. whether the moleskin goes on your foot or shoe and now none of us know for sure
(I'm team shoe lol)
one of our friends on baptismal date told us that we cant keep teaching him and his family because his dad doesn't want them learning anything that's not through the evangelical church
one of our friends sons warned her not to listen to us because we might be the antichrists??
bought $2 silk bonnets from the chino
"we're not gonna be hermanitas for much longer, we're gonna be hermanOtas"
got ripped off by someone cutting our grass, he wanted us to pay him $30, got him down to $15
told this
to our 16 year old recent convert and he laughed for about 2 minutes, turns out it should never be more than $12 "es porque somos GRINGAS!"
muchoooo weird men texting us this week! Yayyy 

started an empanada counter this week and already up to 8 lol
"lo permiterΓ©" means "ill allow it" so been saying that whenever we have to approve texts haha (reminds me of my roomies
)Spiritual thought for yall!
I listened to this talk "This imperfect harvest" by Elder Vern P. Stanfill and in it he talks about the story of Peter walking on water. I LOVE this story but he said something about how after Christ asks Peter why he doubted, this is most likely not the end of the story. He says that Christ probably kept talking to him and said something like "I love you, dear Peter; you got out of the boat. Your offering is acceptable, and even though you faltered, I will always be there to lift you from the depths, and your offering will be made perfect.”
I loved this part of the talk. We all can choose to get out of the boat, and even if we falter Christ is there to make our offering perfect. He just wants us to have the faith to try. I know life is hard, missions are hard, and we dont want to fail, but as long as we try, our offering will be made perfect because we chose to get out of the boat. I love you all, choose to get out of the boat!
Chao!
Hermana Schofield



















Comments
Post a Comment