Dege ten no aidi
Hola! To fill you in on the title lol, the indigenous people here in panama are the kuna, think the mayan or aztec in mexico. Anyway the kuna have their own language and the women always dress a way and its so cool! Except we can't really teach them because we dont speak the same language haha. But our recent convert bernardo who is 67 speaks kuna! SO COOL! so one day i asked him to teach me some phrases and i was writing them down how they sound haha, so "dege ten no aidi" means "hello how are you?" But I'm sure its not spelt anything like that hahah, lots of giggles that night as i tried to spell it out.
In all reality though this week has definitely been the hardest so far on the mission, wayyy harder than the first week which i honestly didn't think was possible. My mission and especially my district is very very very focused on numbers and the amount of people we get baptized. This started really frustrated me this week because it felt like we were focusing on the numbers more than the actual people. Our mission wants people baptized within the first few weeks of meeting them and I just don't think its possible, but if people dont fall within our timeline we have to stop teaching them which i think is really unfair because everyones timeline is different, so this really got to me this week. And along with some struggles with my comp and getting frustrated with my spanish, it has definitely not been the most glorious week of my life
But on a happier note! Thursday was zone conference! YAY! there was a general 70 that came so we got to Chitre with two other zones! And guess who was in one of the zones?? HERMANA LINDSTROM! my mtc comp YAY!!! We got to spend 2 3 hour bus rides together and it was definitely what I needed after a long hard week. Except something not so fun was that at zone conference me and my comp got pulled up in front of everyone and had to talk about daily planning while being questioned by the general 70... so that was stressful! And I can't speak spanish hahah so it was very humbling. And then to make it better he made up teach a practice lesson in front of everyone and all the spanish immediately left my head, very humbling experience hahah
Highlights!!
️ talking about books on the bus with Hna. Mills, i miss reading
️maracuya cielo! Cielos are like sparkling water drinks here and they just came out with a maracuya (passion fruit) flavor and its so good
️taxi driver saying i need a panamaian boyfriend so i can learn spanish??
️got a member meal 
️"hes just living his chino life"
️got to do invasions! We went to another area for the morning to help them contact and find new people to teach
️played chair soccer last pday!
️noche de hogar! Its family home evening with some families in the ward and a bunch of our friends and recent converts came!
️got to meet a bunch of missionaries at zone conference!
spiritual thought
I was reading in Alma this week and I read the story of alma and amulek being in prison. They were in there for so long suffering and being mocked. Alma cried out to the Lord "How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord?"
Christ did not immediately take away their sufferings, He did not immediately break their chains, but he did eventually. I know that sometimes we have to go through hard things for longer than we would like, suffer for longer than we are comfortable, but I also know that the Lord is coming, He will break our chains, but we can't lose faith. Stay strong in your faith, I know Christ is coming for you, I know He will comfort you because He has comforted me this week.
I love you all! Email me! Sorry for the long email!
Hermana Eskofeel (still trying to find ways for them to say my name)























.jpg)

.jpg)
























Comments
Post a Comment