With my Abuela

Buenassss!! What's up everyone! This week has been super long because our pday was moved to Wednesday so we could go to the temple yay! You're allowed to go once every 6 weeks if you live within 2 hours of the temple and lucky for me my area is 1.5 hours away haha! It was so good to go again even if I couldn't really understand anything. But we had to get up at 3am to get there so that was not fun haha

ALSO HAPPY FOURTH πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ¦…πŸŽ‡! I'm not gonna lie that was a rough day. I was going to make some pancakes in the morning to celebrate but then we woke up and our power was out until after we left so our hot plate unfortunately was not able to be used haha. But I tried to celebrate and wore some red white and blue of course and we got hamburgers for lunch! Lets gooo it was so good! 

We also had intercambios (exchanges) this week! Not gonna lie I was STRESSED! My hermana leaders don't speak any english so I was real scared but luckily I got to go with cutie hermana Xoquic from guatemala! She actually trained my trainer so she's my abuela in the mission! I went and spent the day and night in her area and it was so fun! Her area is a lot different than mine, a lot more humble, but the people were awesome! We were sitting in front of peoples tin houses teaching about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I couldn't help but realize how happy these people and kids are. They have nothing, literally nothing, but they are so happy playing soccer, barefoot, with a deflated ball. It made me recognize that happiness truly is a choice and has nothing to do with our circumstances. As for the spanish, it was actually really good to spend some time with a native speaker because it forced me to rely on what I knew, and honestly helped me feel more confident because we actually could have some decent conversations, but lets just say she was verrryy patient hahah. 

Also a "fun" experience this week was after church, we got together with the leaders of the ward for a meeting supposed to be about our friends and how the ward can help us, but quickly turned into three latinas yelling at us about pretty much every aspect of our work. I was only getting about 50% of what was being said but I could tell it was NOT good. And then afterward my comp explained it and I got even more mad. So it's probably a good thing I don't speak much spanish or else I probably would have said something I would regret lol

Anyway here's some highlights!
✨️hermana gosain praying for chicken (pollo) instead of support (apoyo) with our friends lol
✨️sweated through my shirt and had some nasty marks all day haha. This week was probably the hottest week of my life so that was also super fun!
✨️there's no public bathrooms in panama and one day we were far from home and really had to go, so my comp asked a lady who she has talked to before if we could use hers and she straight up said "no im busy next time"... i think she saw the tags and stopped listening haha
✨️CHINOS! the little neighborhood connivence stores that are always ran by asians haha, hence the name, but they get a lot of my money
✨️got my first marriage proposal πŸ₯³
✨️randomly a lot of english/i love yous/kisses being blown at me this week
✨️hit 2 months on the mission!
✨️got lunch and got to watch argentina beat egypt!
✨️saw 2 crocodiles!
✨️craziest thunderstorm! Literally sounded like the sky was going to fall out 

Spiritual thought!!
This week i read Mosiah 24:15 which says
 "And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."

I loved this verse because the Lord did not take away their burdens, but he strengthened them so they could handle them. He made them able to bear them with ease, He was there helping them the whole time. I know that in this life were going to have a lot of struggles and it we may want the Lord to remove them, but He wont, but I know that if we turn to him during those times, He will strengthen us to bear them, and our burdens will be made light. 

Sorry for the long email, i love you all! 
Hermana Schofield 


















American Cemetery






Two Months








Fourth of July








Big day for me
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dege ten no aidi

UN MES!

The Sistrikt