La Suburbia??
ALSO! I can't use messenger so if you want to get a hold of me, email me!
Buenas buenas! I have officially made it Panama! My first area is La Charrera and it's literally the suburbs hahah, definitely not what I was expecting Panama to be like! Every house looks the exact same and it feels like I'm in the suburbs again!
This week was a lot of emotions haha, saying goodbye to my district and 9d at the CCM was so so hard, I miss them all so much, especially Hermana Lindstrom the best comp ever! She's serving in panama too so I'm hoping that we get to see each other soon!
When we finally made it panama it was straight up the hunger games reaping to find out who our first comp(trainer) will be, and I was lowkey freaking out hahah. But my comp is Hermana Gosain! She's from Utah but her parents are Mexican so she speaks perfect Spanish and perfect English so it's such a blessing!
The days genuinely feel so so long you guys hahah being outside from 11-9 everyday is not for the weak lol! One thing that is so cute is that people don't knock on the doors, you stand outside and yell "buenas" in hopes that they'll hear you! It definitely took some getting used to hahah but it's been good! Lowkey the mornings are rough, that is the part of the day that I miss my family the most and really wonder if I can do this for 18 months, but once were outside teaching its so good! My days honestly all look the same haha and I'm just trying to understand as much spanish as possible but sometimes it doesn't go so well haha. My first day we were teaching this lady and i thought we were inviting her to be baptized so at the end I bore my testimony about baptism and was super excited, and then my comp told me that we had to drop her because she wasn't progressing soo that was humbling hahah
Some of my favorite Panamanian things:
- PAN VANS! you guys these things are heaven sent! They drive around the neighborhoods and sell empanadas and other desserts and they're so yummy!
- diablo rojos! They're the American school busses that didn't pass safety inspection that get sent down here and painted crazy colors and play crazy music
- tienditas! People will convert some of their house into a little store and sell ice cream and sodas!
- Panamanian "cold water" ! So theres no hot water at the house but luckily panama is so hot that the water cant get super cold, so its really just a cool shower haha
This week has been super humbling but I know it will get better! Whenever I get down I just remember who I am doing this for and that is Jesus Christ! Whenever you guys are struggling or questioning your decisions just think of Christ because he's got you! I know he loves you and wants to help you in all of your trials! I love you guys!
Hermana Schofield
When my trainer goes to the bathroom and I can't speak Spanish and they can't speak English
Pan Van (bread van)
President Spencer and Hermana Spencer
New Apartment
First look at Panama























.jpg)















Comments
Post a Comment